Little Red Riding Hood With A Twist!

It was a Saturday in the month of October and crystal patterns frosted the early morning windows and glittered on the dew-soaked leaves. I had just got off for midterm and my mother decided that I should go to my granny with a basket of fresh food. My Granny was sick and she lived on the other side of the forest. It has been said that strange things happen in their. The forest is a dark, tangled maze of tunnels and secret paths. My mother told me not to talk to strangers or not to stray from the path. I put on my red cloak and headed off. Birds rustled in the treetops branches sawed and leaves rustled as nature greeted the sun and the new day. I could see the sky changing from orange and then the red as the enormous ball of sun rose over the forest.

Just incase you didn’t know my name is Little Red Riding hood and this is my story.

The forest path was full of fiery scarlet autumn leaves and their was still several emerald-green leaves on the trees . I was walking for what felt like 2 hours. I searched for away forward and finally I came across what seemed to be a forgotten path, hidden by thorns and creepers and leading into the forest. I followed the path until I came upon to strangers and know my mother told me not talk to strangers but the were the same age as me. Their names were Hansel and Gretel and they were left in the forest my their father several days ago. We all continued along the path and we came upon a house which as made from cakes, sweets jelly and chocolate. Suddenly the door opened, and a woman as old as the hills, who supported herself on crutches, came creeping out. Hansel, Gretel and I were so terribly frightened that we let fall what we had in our hands.

The old woman, however, nodded her head, and said, “Oh, you dear children, who has brought you here? Do come in, and stay with me. No harm shall happen to you.”

She took us by the hand, and led us into her little house. Then good food was set before us, milk and pancakes, with sugar, apples, and nuts.

Afterwards three pretty little beds were covered with clean white linen, and Hansel Gretel and I lay down in them, and thought we were in heaven.

The next morning when I woke up I could hear the lady talking to herself; ” I have them know and they shall not escape me until I have them eaten up!” It was then that it dawned to me that this as the wicked witch of the forest that likes to eat children and only decorates the house in sweets to attracted them. I never believed that story until know. When I went to go and tell Hansel and Gretel, Gretel was already tied up, she had tears streaming from her face. The witch was at the fire when we came in and out of nowhere Hansel ran up and kicked the witch in the behind and she fell in the fire. We untied Gretel and we were all on cloud nine, I was crying tears of happiness the witch was dead.

But I still had to get to my grannies house. Hansel and Gretel decided that they were going to stay and live in the house as their parents no longer want them. We send our goodbyes and away I went.

The first rays of morning sunlight was an alarm for the forest. It was now the first day in November and I was meant to be at my grannies house 3 days ago. I had left Hansel and Gretel two days ago and had not eaten ( I lost the basket of food along the way) or slept since, I was drunk with fatigue and hunger and I marched asleep. The dew spread from blade to blade, clinging to the grass and hedges like a shimmering spiders web. As I drifted through the forest, the fog mad eerie shapes and shadows. The leaves underneath me kept rustling every time I stepped one.

I had been walking for hours on end at this stage and I couldn’t tell one part of the forest from the rest. Out of the blue I heard voices behind me in the distance. It was if time had stopped. I stood perfectly still, frozen to the floor, paralyzed with fear. I kept think what if it was another witch coming to get me. They dry rattle voice kept getting louder and louder until it sound like they were speaking through a loudspeaker. My

feet became on frozen and I dived into the bush that was right beside me. It was too late the voices had seen me.

I pressed my hands into my eyes and buried my head into by knees and I sobbed softly. Even though I knew they were in front of me I kept my head in my knees

On of the voices spoke quietly and softly ; “Daddy who’s that!” A gruff voice with a thick accent said; ” I don’t know stay there and let me go over and see”

I rose to my feet because at this stage I only taught it was manners to show my face. I could feel my face turning from a pale white to bright red as the voices where three bears: a Papa bear, a Mama bear and a baby bear. Mama bear asked me is a sweet calm voice “what are you doing out here all on your own” I swallowed hard before speaking, I told them my story from the moment I left my house. They first thing the Baby bear said to me was ” Don’t worry cause we don’t eat children!” I just laughed. They told me to come back with them because they had just made some porridge.

When we finally arrived at the cottage Baby bear wanted me to play a game of football before we got some porridge. But we couldn’t because just then Papa bear growled,

“Someone’s been eating my porridge,” “Someone’s been eating my porridge,” said the Mama bear.Baby bear and I ran in side. “Someone’s been eating my porridge and they ate it all up!” cried the Baby bear.”Someone’s been sitting in my chair,” growled the Papa bear.”Someone’s been sitting in my chair,” said the Mama bear. “Someone’s been sitting in my chair and they’ve broken it all to pieces,” cried the Baby bear. We decided to look around some more and when we got upstairs to the bedroom, Papa bear growled, “Someone’s been sleeping in my bed,” “Someone’s been sleeping in my bed, too” said the Mama bear”

Someone’s been sleeping in my bed and she’s still there!” exclaimed Baby bear. Just then, Goldilocks woke up and saw the three bears and me. She screamed, “Help!” And she jumped up and ran out of the room. Goldilocks ran down the stairs, opened the door, and ran away into the forest. We all burst into fits of laughter. After we all finally stopped laughing Mama bear went down stairs and made us some more porridge. I stayed the night with the three bears in their little cottage.

But I still had to get to my grannies house. I thanked the bears for letting me stay with them and I was off again on route to try and  find my grannies house. The morning light stroked the hedges and glittered on the dew-soaked leaves. I was determined that today was the day I would get to my grannies as it had been over a week since I left home.

After an hour of walking I became upon a familiar lake.The water in the water in the lake was calm and crystal clear and sparkled with a million diamonds of light in the morning sun it was then that I released that I was a half an hour away from my grannies. Thank god I thought because I was about to give up hope and that I would have to live in the forest forever. I ran as quick as a panther until I could see my grannies house in sight. I keep running for dear life even though I don’t have much energy left. It felt like was flying    lying as I could barely feel my feet touch the ground 

I screamed at the top of my voice “I’M  FINALLY HERE!”

I burst through the door of my grannies, my mother and father were their as well they all come running towards me the squeeze me to death. I told them my story and they three of them just laughed as the did not believe a word I said. We moved it my grannies house to look after her and we lived happily ever and I never again went into the forest.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s